To register, all you need is an active mobile number.
Creating a Naver Account
This guide has been tested on a laptop using Internet Explorer. You can use a smartphone, tablet or whatever, but please take note that the website might be rendered differently due to screen size and the options or links discussed below might be hard to find.
1. Open an internet browser, then go to www.naver.com.
2. Click 회원가입 [Register] below the login box. See screenshot for reference.
You may click on a screenshot to enlarge it.
4. On the next page, enter or select the required information. Read the following guidelines:
- Username: You may use any letters from a to z, numbers, and underscore [minimum of 5]. You'll get a Welcome confirmation if your nominated username is available. e.g. kazehayakun26
- Strong Password: A - z, 1 - 0, and special characters [length of 6 to 16]. e.g. Example123@
- First and Last Name: English or Hangul. e.g. Kimchi Jjigae
- Gender: Select one. e.g. Male
- Birth Date: Enter the year, select the month, and type in the day manually. e.g. 1995/5/25
- Recovery Email: Type in an alternate email address that you can use to recover your Naver account in the future. I advise you use a Gmail account. e.g. email@example.com
- Mobile Number: Choose your country code in the drop-down menu, then type in your digits.
5. Click Verify after entering your mobile number. Naver will send a 6-digit verification code via SMS. See example below.
Note: Wait for the text message to arrive within 15 minutes. If you did not receive it after several attempts, double-check the number format or try to use a different number.
6. Type the verification code in the last box, then click on Confirm. You will get a confirmation message if the verification is successful.
7. [Optional] If there's a CAPTCHA code, enter it on the box provided.
8. To finish, click on the Sign Up button and you're done! [unless there's an error :/]
You may click on the Start button to start using your account.
Aside from Mail, you may also use your Naver account to access Me, Blog, Game, Café, Office, Memo, NDrive, Calendar, Web Novel, Manhwa [Comics], KiN, et cetera.
Note: Naver will require you to undergo identity verification via i-Pin or a mobile phone before you can buy or download items from Music or Nstore.
Tip: If you get a pop-up during registration telling you that sign-up has been limited, it's most likely that your IP address has been blocked.
"NAVER". Retrieved on March 13, 2015 from www.naver.com
- December 3, 2015 - Major guide revamp. Screenshots have been updated. This post has been transferred from StarrGuide to this blogspot domain
- January 11, 2016 - Added example for the recovery email part.
- January 14, 2016 - Edited birth date field. Naver now added birth year box on the English registration form. Replaced previous screenshot.
For questions, suggestions, or comments, you may use the comment form below or send me an email by filling out the form at the sidebar. Feel free to inform me for any updates about the topic. Need assistance with creating an account? You may shoot a message to my Skype ID: iiamtenten.